Friday, January 27, 2012

Firewood

We've received open ended offers of help from dozens of people since Monday.  It's overwhelming to know that we have such a support system pulling for us and ready to help, I only hope that we have the chance to return the kindness you all have expressed.  I talked with a breast cancer navigator at the Cancer Treatment Center today, she also happens to be a familiar co-worker, with whom I've taught many Non-Violent Crisis Intervention classes with at FMH.  The topic of accepting help came up and I voiced my trepidation at asking for resources in such a hard economy, but she assured me that it was appropiate to do so, sooo...

We could really use some firewood, we have heating fuel but thanks to our cold spell we've been using it an obscene rate, plus thanks to the cold, our living room and dining area stay at around 5 degrees colder than where the dial is set.  This summer was filled with work and we did not have time to get enough wood to see us through the winter.  If anyone could spare some that would be great, or if you know where to get a decent cord for under 250 that would be awesome.  Accepting that I cannot reasonably provide firewood for my family at this time is hard to swallow, but I have nothing to lose by asking.  Thanks. 

7 comments:

  1. Sadly the closest people I could put you in touch with are in the Anchorage area. Only other thing I can offer you brother are my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take 'em Todd, any prayer I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe...Stan and I have quite alot of wood from when we cleared our yard two summers ago. Its birch which may not be the greatest but we use it all the time in our firepit and its been fine. We would love to give you some. I do have a truck for hauling it in if you don't. Let me know. We are praying for you and Heather all the time...every day. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be wonderful and much appreciated! I do not have a truck so let me know when is best for you and I'll come help load some up. I really appreciate the offer and the prayers as well. I've been trying to wrap my head around everything but have not been able to do so. Thank you for caring for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe...give me directions to your house. Stan and I will load up a truck load and bring it over. I know kind of where you guys live but not exactly. Where would you like us to unload it also in case you're not home when we come?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I'm at work right now- turn on freeman, take a right on bottles, we are the third house on the left, grey house with a green metal roof. If you put it by the porch I can stack it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stan and I already took it over. John came out and helped us unload it. It's in the shed. If you need more just call. We will bring more. Love you!

    ReplyDelete