Friday, February 24, 2012

Update for the week

As I said before, it has been a busy week for us and there's no end in sight.  Heather has been very tired and nauseated from the chemo, she has not eaten much but has found a new friend in Raisin Bran, often eating a bowl about midnightish or so, then back to bed.  I'm just grateful that she is able to keep it down.  She took a step of faith earlier this week and allowed me to shave her head with a razor as the peach fuzz from buzzing her head was starting to come out in small patches- she was apprehensive at first but held in like a champ and I only nicked her once (sorry babe).

Our kids have been with their Tia Nona and Uncle Scott for the past couple days as I have had school and work and Heather had her 3rd chemo treatment on Wednesday.  They love Scott and Nona and it has been a great help to have them, along with Mom and Becky Thompson. 

The weekend is here too fast and I have too much to do, Heather needs continued rest and support and I need a way to process through depression, frustration, and negativity, of which I am prone to.  More often than not I feel like a cross between Chicken Little and Eeyore- "The sky is falling!!!" coupled with an attitude akin to this dialog between Pooh and Eeyore: ""Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he."  

Negativity and despair are usually not the first words we associate with United States Marines or followers of Christ, but those attributes have increasingly affected how I relate to others, particularly with close loved ones, particularly with Heather.  I am adept at maintaining a friendly and easy going attitude with nearly everyone but too often Heather is exposed to the worst of my doubts and fears, which isn't exactly a comfort for her.  I love her and don't want to add to her troubles, please pray that I find a way to work this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment